KBS Music Bank had their mid-year special, which had a few artists come back for a bit to perform audience favorites. They also put together a few special stages, which were fun to watch.
- Kelly Clarkson – My Life Would Suck WIthout You – SNSD Taeyeon/Seohyun, SJ Sungmin, KARA Gyuri/Hara , 2AM Jinwoon, CNBLUE Yonghwa/Minhyuk/Jungshin
There is some controversy over the Kelly Clarkson “My Life Would Suck Without You” performance. At the end, Taeyeon’s voice goes off key for a minute (supposedly because of a problem with her in-ear monitor), and KBS refused to retape the song because of it. Taeyeon got really pissed, didn’t perform “Oh” well (an understatement; she barely scrapes by), and said she wished Music Bank would provide a “better environment” for the artists. I know where Taeyeon’s coming from, but if you watch the stage, it’s a huge group effort and the problem is only at the veeeery end. I didn’t think it was that bad. At the same time, I feel a bit bad for Taeyeon. Still, she should have given “Oh” a better effort, even if for her fellow members’ sake.
- Lee Hyori – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – KARA Nicole/Seungyeon/Jiyoung, T-ara Jiyeon/Hyomin, f(x) Sulli/Luna, 4minute Jiyoon/Hyuna
The group of girls who performed Hyori’s “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” was good. The energy was high, and it was very enjoyable to watch. I could watch it several times, probably, and not mind.
- Rain – Love Song – Super Junior Shindong/Eunhyuk, 2PM Nichkhun/Chansung, 2AM Jokwon
The guys doing Rain’s “Love Song” was… alright. My favorite part (and favorite dancer in this, actually) was Jokwon. He nailed it. Everyone else was simply okay. I kind of liked Khun’s part though; even if he doesn’t have the strongest voice in Kpop, it has a unique quality which sets him apart from some of his peers. OH, but when Shindong took off his hat the atmosphere was completely ruined LOL. Sry Shindong fans. I don’t know if it was supposed to be as funny as it was?
- Green Day – 21 Guns – Gummy, Hwayobi, Lyn
I watched Gummy, Hwayobi, and Lyn perform Green Day’s “21 Guns” but I didn’t have a lot of interest in it so there isn’t much to say. They did good though.
- I have recently started listening to C.N.Blue and have chided myself for ignoring them these past few months. I kept thinking I should watch You’re Beautiful first (or something) so I’d be on the same level as most fans. A few days ago I said “screw that” and got some of their songs. I really like them! I really like the fact that they aren’t too young as well. I used to say “Born in ’89? Pah!”, but in this age of baby-idols (don’t even talk to me about being born in ’94 or ’95, and heaven forbid ’96 or younger lol ), I’m okay with that (FYI, I was born in late ’87 haha). I immediately felt they resembled FT Island (it doesn’t take a genius, what with their similar name structure, band structure, and song structure), and just found out they’re in the same company haha. The thing I like is that Yonghwa is at least born in the 80′s, making me feel less of a creepy noona fangirl than I do with FT Island LMAO (if you average the groups’ ages respectively, there is over a year difference; yes, I did the math). /off topic
It was fun to watch some things I haven’t seen performed in a while. Did you watch any of these clips/the whole thing? What are your thoughts?